We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it and what choices you have about it.
We collect information in a few different ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain itWhen you sign up for or use FLIIST, you give us certain information voluntarily. This includes your name, email address, profile photo, and any other information you give us. You can also choose to share with us location data or photos. If you link your Facebook or Google account or accounts from other third party services to FLIIST, we also get information from those accounts (such as your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services depends on your settings and their privacy policies, so please check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use FLIISTWhenever you use any website, mobile application or other internet service, certain information gets created and logged automatically. The same is true when you use FLIIST. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
Log data.When you use FLIIST, our servers record information, including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website, or that your mobile app automatically sends when you’re using it. This log data includes your Internet Protocol address, the address of and activity on websites you visit, searches, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used FLIIST, cookie data and device data.
Device information.In addition to log data, we collect information about the device you’re using FLIIST on, including type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
3. Our partners and advertisers share information with usWe also get information about you and your activity outside FLIIST from our affiliates, advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with, or other publicly available sources. For example: Online advertisers or third parties share information with us to measure or improve the performance of ads on FLIIST, or to figure out what kinds of ads to show you. This includes information about your visits to an advertiser's site or purchases you made from them, or information about your interests from a third party service, which we might use to help show you ads.
What is the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a data privacy and protection regulation passed by the European Commission which regulates the processing of personal information and is enforceable as of May 25th, 2018. GDPR brings with it an array of new individual rights and regulatory requirements aimed at giving individuals more visibility into and control over how their data is used.
What can I request regarding my data under the GDPR?
Under the GDPR you can request the following:
- Right of access: your right to receive confirmation of whether a company is processing your personal data, to access your personal data, and to receive a copy of it
- Right to rectification: your right to have inaccurate or incomplete data rectified
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): your right to have your personal data erased under certain conditions
- Right to restrict processing: your right to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Right to object to processing: your right to object to processing of your personal data under certain circumstances
- Right to data portability: your right to receive a copy of your personal data in commonly used, machine readable format and to have that data transmitted to another party where technically feasible
If you’d like to submit a request regarding your personal data under the GDPR, please send a mail to email@example.com
What can I request regarding my data under the GDPR?
If there’s information contained in your account that is not correct, you have a few ways to update it. In your Account Settings when signed in on a computer you can update your birth month and year, gender, email address and connected applications like Facebook and Google. From your Profile Edit Settings you can also change your real name, location, display name or other personal data, or URL that are displayed publicly.
How do you process my data?
How can I opt out of Cookies or revoke consent?
Please read through our Privacy and Cookies Policies regarding what information we collect and store and why. Things such as your email address are needed to have an account with FLIIST.
If you wish to no longer have any information on FLIIST, you can delete your FLIIST account by signing in on a computer and going to: https://fliist.com/en/my_profile/personal . Once you request this deletion it will automatically be removed from public view and within a short time period FLIIST will completely delete the account and will no longer hold any personally identifiable information about you.
- Identify you when you use FLIIST, and process your transactions.
- Recommend Flists, boards, topics or categories you might like based on your activity on FLIIST. For example, if we see you’re into cooking, we may suggest food-related Flists, boards or people that we think you might like or show you food-related ads.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
- In addition and for similar reasons, we have a legitimate interest in using your information in these ways. It is also fundamental to the nature of the Service we provide. In short, it’s necessary for us to do these things in order to make the Service relevant, interesting and personal to you like we promised, and it’s in both of our interests for us to do that.
- Help your friends and contacts find you on FLIIST, if you agree to this in your settings. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we can help your Facebook friends find you on FLIIST when they first sign up for FLIIST.
- Conduct analytics on who is using FLIIST and what they are doing. For example, by logging how often people use two different versions of a feature on FLIIST, we can understand which version is better.
- Improve FLIIST and offer new features.
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like saves or comments, happens on FLIIST) and news by email or push notification, depending on your settings. For example, we send weekly updates that include Flists you may like. You can decide to stop getting these notifications by updating your settings.
- Work with law enforcement and keep FLIIST safe. We may get requests for account information from law enforcement authorities like the police or courts.
- Tell our ad partners how their FLIIST ads are doing, and how to make them better. Some of this information is aggregated. For example, we would report to an advertiser that a certain percentage of people who viewed a Promoted Flist went on to visit that advertiser's site. In other instances, this information isn’t aggregated. For example, we would let an advertiser know that a particular Promoted Flist has been saved by certain people.
- Tell our ad partners the types of products you might be interested in. For example, if you create a Flist dedicated to music stuff, we can tell a retailer that you’re more interested in music stuff than, say, books. This helps us and our ad partners to make sure that the content and ads you see are relevant to you.
- We have a legitimate interest in using information we collect to customize your FLIIST experience based on your offsite behavior. For example, if you visit websites that sell electric guitars, we may suggest guitar Flists to you. When we identify your interests based on your offsite behavior with cookies, we will obtain any consent we may need.
- In addition to the specific circumstances above, we’ll only use your information with your consent in order to:
- Send you marketing materials by email, text or push notification, depending on your account or operating system settings. Each time we send you marketing materials, we give you the option to unsubscribe.
- Identify your location and customize the content we show you. For example, if we know that you are based in San Francisco, we could show you Flists of local products. You can opt in to this in your device operating system settings.
- Identify you across different browser sessions. This means if you log into FLIIST from your phone (or any device), we'll remember that you're you and you won't need to enter your login details each time you visit FLIIST.
Transferring your information:FLIIST is a worldwide service. By using our products or services, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your personal information in such countries may not be equivalent to those of your home country.
Choices you have about your info:Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information. If you have a FLIIST account, many of the choices you have on FLIIST are built directly into FLIIST or your settings. For example, you can:
- Edit information in your profile at any time.
- Link or unlink your social accounts (like Facebook, Google or Twitter).
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your Flists from FLIIST.
How and when we share information:Anyone can see the public Flists you create and the profile information you give us. Some of the ways we use your information require us to share information with third parties, so we can provide your FLIIST experience, make sure our customization is effective and comply with laws that apply to us. We share your information with:
- Other services (like Facebook or Google) when you decide to link your FLIIST account to those services or publish your activity on FLIIST to them.
- Online advertisers and third party companies that we or they use to audit or improve the delivery and performance of ads or content on websites and apps (for example, through Google Analytics). This includes what Flists or ads you were shown on FLIIST and whether or how you engaged with those Flists or ads, or other information about your activity on FLIIST.
- Law enforcement agencies or government agencies. We only share information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or FLIIST; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Our wholly owned subsidiaries and affiliates. If we were to engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganisation, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy, we would share your information with a party involved in such a process (for example, a potential purchaser).
How long we keep your information:We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide FLIIST to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can't identify you.
Our policy on children’s information:Children under 13 are not allowed to use FLIIST. If you are based in the EEA you may only use FLIIST if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country or if verifiable parental consent for your use of FLIIST has been provided to us. If you are a parent and you learn that your child is using FLIIST and you don't want them to, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your options:You have options in relation to the information that we have about you described below. To exercise these options, please contact us. If you're an EEA user, you can:
- Have your information corrected or deleted. You can update your information in your settings. If you have problems updating the information or if you would like us to delete it, contact us.
- Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing emails or push notifications. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you newsletters and updates about your account, such as when another user comments on one of your Flists. We only send you marketing material if you've agreed to it, but if you'd rather we don't, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
How we make changes to this policy:We may change this policy from time to time and if we do, we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use FLIIST after those changes are in effect, you agree to the new policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide a more prominent notice or get your consent, as required by law.
Last updated October 1, 2019
Our email: email@example.com